2018 Preschool Photography Tips // Philadelphia Children’s Photographer // Heather Thomas Photography, LLC
Spring is here – it’s time for an updated portrait of your little one!
Here are 3 quick tips to help you prepare for your child’s preschool portraits
- Select your package on the order form sent home with your child. Enclose check or cash in the provided envelope and write your child’s name on the outside of the envelope. Send back to school on or before picture day. Make checks payable to Heather Thomas Photography.
- Keep your little ones excited for their school photos by encouraging them to be themselves! No one wants to be pressure to “cheese” for the camera, let’s keep it fun and simple by letting them be comfortable.
- Clothing is important! The more comfortable your child is in their clothing, the more natural they are!
- Keep the clothing choices simple. Let’s keep the focus of the portrait on your beautiful little one. Refrain from characters, large logos and bold patterns if possible. Add accessories to their outfit (favorite necklace or hat).
- Add layers and texture to give the photo more personality and dimension (ruffles, lace, denim jacket) Below is the spring backdrop for your reference. The backdrop is busy, solids are a great choice.
- Clothing that fits is important. We don’t want them swimming in their clothing. We also don’t want the clothing to be too tight and uncomfortable. Keep it timeless.Samples here…
Expect your photos 3 weeks after picture day!
Questions? Contact us here.
Recent photography sessions :
Heather Thomas Photography, LLC